Friday, March 28, 2008

had lyds said "no," i would have married my hills bank representative

i’ve no idea who said it first, and a google search didn’t help much as all i uncovered was song lyrics and others who have stolen the phrase before me, but "oh what a difference a day makes" means everything in the world.

on tuesday, i went to my bank in order to do a little business. inside, i saw quite possibly the most cruel, mean and frustrating thing ever: they had a display of about twenty baby chicks, and in front of it a huge sign, "DO NOT TOUCH!"

there they were, little tiny baby peepers, milling about all cute and stuff, and i wasn’t allowed to pet them. i made my deposits, left my personal banker a kindly little note expressing my disappointment in the policy, and left. i called lyds and pouted out all my frustrations, then killed zombies to assuage my sorrow.

as fate would have it, lyds asked me to do some banking for her on wednesday, so i went through the drive thru window. lo and behold, my banker was by the window discussing something with the teller. she smiled and jumped on the intercom; "hey! had you stuck around yesterday, i would have let you hold some baby chicks. that sign is for the kids, but as you’re an adult, it’s ok."

"as you’re an adult." that one made me laugh.

i excitedly told her i’d be back on friday, then called lyds all happy and smiley.

i’m gonna giggle for days off this one.

(the yellow one pooped AND peed in my palm)

(i scolded him)






.

No comments: